Monday, January 11, 2010

Size 5 Jeans

Dear Size 5 Jeans,

Oh how I miss you. I know, I know... I called you fat when I used to wear you. And I cannot express how sorry I am for that. It's just one of those "never realize what you've got until it's gone" things. I took the fact that I actually had a waist and a butt that wasn't measured in tons for granted. I'm so, so sorry.

It seems like just yesterday you were on the top of my closet pile rather than hidden way, way, way back there. I'm still not quite sure what happened, seems like one day you were here and the next day you were replaced with maternity pants, double digit sizes and then.. (cough cough gasp) stretchy pants. It's all kind of a blur of pregnancy, midnight cravings, ice cream cartons and America's Next Top Model Re-runs.

Relationships are supposed to be about compromise. So I was thinking.... if I could manage to lose a little bit of weight maybe you could manage to stretch out a little. If you could give me just a wee bit more wiggle room we just might be able to be friends again. Until then enjoy the dark closet.

Love,
Brittany

PS. I know you're not going to fit for a while still.... but I'm pretty sure you're just messing with my head when you won't go past my knees. I know you could probably get all the way to my thighs. Right?........................... Right??!

No comments:

Post a Comment