Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Motherhood

Dear Brittany,


Remember when you said your kids would never have undone hair? Or wear mismatched clothes? You also said you'd never feed them icecream before noon, or think that cheese is an acceptable meal.

I also specifically remember the day you told yourself that you'd never be one of those wives who got dressed at 4 pm and both of your legs would be shaved at all times.

Do you recall also telling your friend that there was no way in heck that you'd ever have a kid who acted as horrible as your neighbors kid? And if they ever acted up you'd take care of it immediately rather than offering them a cookie.. or candy.. or anything to shut them up??


Bad news Brittany......

You're that Mom. The one you never wanted to be.

Congrats, it's only taken 4 years for you to realize this. Some people never do.

So on behalf of all of us.... "Welcome to Motherhood". It ain't all it's cracked up to be.


Love Always,
Motherhood

3 comments:

  1. OH man!!! I am soooo that mom too!!! No matter how you try to avoid it... it happens! :) Thanks for making it funny though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! So true! At some moments, I find myself being "that mom I never wanted to be" as well...we all do! Lately, my biggest thing that I promised myself I'd never say because I HATED it when my parents said it to me is "we'll see" and I say it to Landon ALL THE TIME! L0L! I'm glad you made it funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! This one is so me too! Motherhood is great!

    ReplyDelete