Saturday, March 6, 2010

Father Doesn't Know Best..

Dear Dad,

As a child you pounded into my head over and over that if I could believe something, then I could achieve it. You yelled it at me from the stands when I was cheerleading, wrote it to me in birthday cards, and whispered it to me when I was upset because I thought I'd never be tall enough to be a model.

I'm writing this to tell you thanks for making me believe that I could achieve anything I set my mind to as a kid. However, you were wrong.

Yesterday I found the most amazing pair of pants on clearance while shopping. They were not my size though. So I closed my eyes and believed that they'd fit with all my heart. I was 100% sure that they'd slide right on when I went to the dressing room. I did everything you said to do, I dreamed it, I visualized it, I could practically even taste it. And that's only cuz the button looked like a Life Saver... so I licked it.. but anyways...

It did not work. Not even close. Unless my waist moved to my calves, they did not come even remotely close to my waist.

Sorry Dad, but you were wrong.

Love,
Brittany

PS. What else were you wrong about?! Maybe I'm not really a princess after all.... and what about when you told me that my freckles were angel kisses...... did you lie about that too??!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we know you're a princess, so i think he is safe there... but I can't believe he lied about the dreaming to fit in stupid small pants didn't work! DANG IT DADDY ABNEY!!

    ReplyDelete