Thursday, April 8, 2010

Self Esteem Beating

Dear Self Esteem,

I am sorry that you took such a beating tonight. I've always been competitive, but sometimes I just need to learn to let it go.

When my perfect co-worker told me she belonged to a hiking club I simply pointed out that I belong to an eating club.

Then she mentioned her Book Club and I had no choice but to mention my America's Next Top Model Marathon Club.

Of course she couldn't stop there so she pulled the, "I belong to the Giving Blankets and Food to Starving Babies in Africa Club" card. I thought of slapping my own card down with, "Food for Fatties Club" where I eat only brownies for an entire meal..... but who am I kidding?

I can't win. Stupid clubs.

Love,
Brittany

PS. Since you've been knocked down and you're in the region.. could you ask my cankles if they're coming to dinner?

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the funniest people I know.....I hope you seriously aren't mad that I brought up I go hiking. I seriously wheeze the entire time and the whole group has to wait at the top for me......by the way I know your husband. I grew up with him....small world I grew up with Jennifer's too......:) So fun to meet you and I LOVE your blog! My self-esteem needed a boost too, I could never be as funny as you..I'm just a lump on a log

    ReplyDelete